The future is not always rosy. Some companies embrace uncertainty and layout the possible scenarios to move in the right direction. They are prepared to act decisively and choose the right strategies to capitalize on the unprecedented opportunities the world put in front of them. The distinctive feature of companies that do not have time to consider what is going on in the environment surrounding them is that they are just concerned with the day’s crisis and do not try to fight against the significant challenges of their business. Opportunities and threats are reasons to keep an eye on the future and define where the organization is headed and how it will reach its goals.
Companies need more innovative, faster, more agile operations to thrive in a volatile and unpredictable economy and business environment. As part of the Phoenix Transformation Signature Program, “Business Ahead” is a strategic cycle of identification, analysis, formation, execution, and monitoring to redirect the company towards the best opportunities over time and discover potential threats to take countermeasures when necessary.
“The thing is continuity of strategic direction and continuous improvement in how you do things are absolutely consistent with each other. In fact, they’re mutually reinforcing”
The “Business Ahead” strategic process involves the following:
- Assess the organization’s current strategic direction to understand the company’s goal, mission, and overall strategic direction and evaluating where the company’s current process will help you achieve the company’s goals.
- Analyze the industry and competitive environment to identify the internal and external strengths and weaknesses.
- Develop business models and strategies to create the road map for business transformation and prepare the implementation guidelines.
- Execution of plan following the steps outlined in the strategic direction and assure the company implement the plan for maximum efficiency.
- Evaluate results to define if the company achieves its goals and if the process was implemented appropriately company-wide.